Monday, September 14, 2009

Let's cook

Greetings Everyone!


I am excited to be in this class. I was enjoying to read others posted responses. As of today learning I found quite interesting the concept of "cooking" in its implementation to counseling theory. In fact if we all would cook the same meal with the same receipt, still outcome will vary. Our counseling style, our life outlook, our beliefs, moral and values are all play the major contributing factors to what extend we can be supportive to clients. " I cited this from the previous post "People will reflect back your feelings about them" and also would like to add that clients will reflect back our own feelings about ourselves. I believe that it is essential not only see positive sides in client but to maintain professional competency and show own self respect and dignity.