Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Everyday is a new learning experience

Considering myself being relatively new in Substance Abuse field, I do appreciate to learn more. And everyone's experience, including clients' experiences are beneficial to build professional competency level as well as meet a needs of someone who struggle with addictions. Holistically seeing picture, counselor's effort and time investments in client paid off when he or she notices positive changes client is starting to make. I believe that most of the clients are capable to make a difference in their lives. Probably the best satisfaction counselor experiences as a professional when the balance between performance of quality work and personal satisfaction of seeing the positive difference in clients in evidenced.

Levels of care (Cheat Sheet) provides very good explanation and criteria for placement. With interest I learned today, that the Levels of Care can be incorporated with recommended services for different programs. That piece definitely advanced my knowledge. I feel I have more screening tools now and equipped better. Seems to me ASAM-PPC2R , Levels of Care, Levels of Change are our "multiplication table" for Substance Abuse professionals.

I appreciate everyone's time and feedback on my presentation and look forward to hear rest of the class team on Monday.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein quotes