Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dimensions & Treatment

Learning about the six assessment dimensions is a very important tool to use. It will help me a great deal for when I do an actual assessment. Assessments is to offer a recommendation for our clients level of treatment needs. All we have to remember is that when we do assessments, we are painting a picture which is a live document.

Learning about the different treatment programs for our clients and families is also very helpful. There are times when I have to do referrals for clients or families, so knowing that there's different treatment centers available is a must. It would be nice to have a listing of all the treatment centers in Alaska.

Learning from each other in class and from Lara has helped me a great deal and I am so thankful for that. Another great learning experience in class, as usual. Thank you...