Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9/30/09

Tonight was a great class. I enjoyed listening to the presenter. She did a wonderful job and was very thorough. You can definatley tell that she has done this before.
Reviewing the stages of change was nice. I had read them but listening to everyone else state examples and scenarios puts everything into prespective. This is a great tool that I will keep with me at work.
The levels of care is a very helpfull reference as well. I have often wondered how the levels of care are determined and this handout as well as the discussion helped me to better understand.
The review of the ASAM dimentions was something I really needed. I read through it, but as with the stages of change, it is always better for me to get others feedback and opinions. I feel confident that I will do well on my final with all of the handouts and worksheets provided.