Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Assignment 6 of 9

I think that the reading from the ASAM Assessment Dimensions; although overwhelming, provides the health and human services field with up-to-date information which can help providers make well informed decisions with their patients and/or clients. The reading provides evidence reports, protocols, preventive medicine, and consensus reports; which, are all necessary in diagnosing, providing medicine or therapy, and informing the patients and/or clients. I know that most of the clients I've worked with in the past, say that they feel better after knowing that their provider has done his or her home work on the issues facing their health and/or needs, and by providing them with evidence and other ways to approach their medical or substance abuse needs they are able to obtain knowledge that will help them to make the necessary changes in their lives. In the end. I think that this assignment really arms me with the tools needed to research or find information in which I can provide clients with in the future; while also enhancing my competency, because we should always strive to learn more.